3/9/15

DIY Terrarium Perfect for Any Space


It's finally getting warm out which makes us so excited when it comes to decorating. Why you may ask? Because mother nature is the best decor. Not to mention there are so many awesome ideas for terrariums, pots, etc. for planting indoors. We like to take advantage of mother nature and add some of it to our apartment. We also go for plants that are more difficult to kill (we don't really have green thumbs but we like to pretend we do.)

The first project this season was a terrarium. I especially wanted to try out creating my own terrarium after seeing so many on Pinterest. So here's my version!



Items needed:

- Jar
- Painter's tape
- Spray paint (I used gold metallic)
- Soil
- Succulents


I used this spray paint. I like that it really provides that metallic look rather than just matte gold.


I found these succulents at Lowe's actually, and they are perfect size for the jar that I had. They also seem to be fairly easy to take care of...a major bonus for us!



Use the painter's tape to make lines on the jar. I just designed the bottom of the jar because I wanted the succulents to be visible. I like geometric shapes so I went in that direction when creating my lines for spray painting.


Spray paint the lines you've created and let dry. I only needed one layer. Remove the tape slowly just in case.


Once you've gotten your design painted on to the jar and it has dried, fill the jar with soil and plant the succulents inside.



Pretty cool result! It looks great with the rest of our decor but it would also make a nice centerpiece!